This was built by Seif El-Din Qajmas who held the post of
Master of the Horses during the reign of Burgi
Mamluk Sultan Qaitbay.
It was built in 1480/1 and is indeed shedding light over the
architecture of the late Mamluk period.
The mosque is so rich with its decorations. It was restored
recently in the 1980s by the Egyptian government.