The pyramid is almost on the halfway between Bani
Suef and the Fayoum.
This one is part of a funerary complex built by Senwosret
II in the Middle
The pyramid is built of mud-brick and was once encased by
limestone like many other pyramids. It had the sloping angle
of 43 degrees and an original height of 48 meters (157 ft).
The entrance of the pyramid was discovered by Petrie in 1890
after hard search. The reason was that, unlike other pyramids
where the entrance is usually at one side of the pyramid,
this one had its entrance through a vertical shaft some distance
from the pyramid in the south (See Image 1).
A small pyramid of the queen lies to the north of Senwosret's
pyramid (See Image 2). Beside it there are 8 rock tombs of
the royal family (See Image 3). Remains of the mortuary temple
can still be seen to the east side (See Image 4).
The site has also an old city, Kahun, built for the pyramid
builders about one kilometer (0.6 miles) away and the mastaba-tomb
of the pyramid chief engineer.